Information for Members
We remain committed to doing everything we can to continue supporting our members, colleagues and pupils during these challenging times.
Taking on board the Government’s most recent advice, the Centre will remain open, however the following changes will be taking place:
- We are creating more space for members to help with social distancing, bearing the 2-metre guidelines in mind, and creating more space between cardio equipment.
- All group exercise classes will reduce in capacity to ensure greater space in the relevant areas.
- Providing biodegradable gym wipes to allow members to self-clean equipment before and after use.
- Additional cleaning of the fitness areas & equipment.
- Educating and reminding members and staff of the importance of good hygiene around the Centre.
- Additional hand sanitising dispensers available, accompanied by information posters.
The physical and mental benefits of exercise are well documented and we will support members to stay fit and healthy in body and mind through these challenging times.
Canterbury Kings Activities
Due to the Government and Sporting Guidelines, Canterbury Kings Junior Activities will be suspended until further notice (excluding Jnr Badminton, Jnr Squash and Jnr Strength & Conditioning). The remaining sessions of these Courses will be credited for future enrolment.
Badminton Clubnight, Badminton for All, Adult Tennis and all Squash Club Nights are cancelled.
We would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support and understanding during these challenging times. For regular updates, please follow our social media pages.